Sunday, April 05, 2009

Too High This Weekend

I am so high this weekend.

High on Uncle's yummy cooking.

High on Twillight (finally I saw the movie)

High on Neway Karaoke with cousins and my gluttony during the session.

And the biggest bomb is HIGH ON JAMIROQUAI after attending his concert!!

After work at 5pm on Sat, the usual tired routine, I anticipate my stay with my cousins. Havent seen them since Chinese New Year. Wow! Even my auntie says 'finally she appears'..ahhaha. It was good to catch up with them. Spoke bout work, life and even religion :) Then, it was time for dinner. Uncle cooked us an awesome meal, the vegetarian vegetable, steam egg, braised ginger beef, soup and chinese sausages. YUMMILICIOUS! Tooo full to speak.

Then, we were having a movie marathon. Unplanned one. Was watching Australia throughout till after dinner. Twillight was the next movie in line. Wow, the story is too good to be true to exist in real life. But, it is nice to dwell in that love fantasy once in a while. Not too bad, Edward Cullen is interesting and the heroine bella is gorgeous too. Wahhahah

Today, we went for karaoke from 11pm till 3 pm. I was too excited with the salad buffet that i gobbled up a plate of pasta, a bowl of porridge filled with eggs, and more eggs and braised vegetables followed by another bowl of noodle. The last one was a waste, I feel bad. I had no more space to fill that up. After the karaoke session, we went for a stroll and arcade in Leisure Mall. Was feeling rather lethargic to go to Jamiroquai concert, maybe the thought that it is in Sepang, far far away...

But HELL NO! It was a FANTASTIC and AWESOME concert. The sound was great and it sounded like it came from a CD. The only difference, there were so much energy and adrenaline rush to it. I've never been able to listen to more than 5 songs from JK in a row with full focus, too much to bear for the head. But for the concert, I had my full concentration and it was a one and a half hour concert. I would shoot myself for not attending it. Great view with just RM100.

We left to Sepang at about 630pm. Was hesitating due to the heavy rain in F1. I was not bothered to attend the race but more for the concert at the end. The race somehow got disrupted due to the thunderstorm. Frusfrated face of the racers on TV. When we reached, there was traffic jam, people were looking for parking. That's not the first, the space leading to the stage was basically mud land. My poor sneakers were soggy and covered with mud after the whole event. YUCK. I havent had this experience since the last sports day. Luckilly the spot that we stood on to watch wasnt so bad.

Was so excited to see Jamiroquai on stage doing his dance strut. I used to see him on mtv for Virtual Insanity and still cant believe i saw him live. He is like a lil midget hopping and skipping here and there. So much of moves, despite that he will be turning 40 soon. Still singing and doing great stage performance. The band was tight. He did a few numbers such as canned heat, High Times, Little L, Cosmic Girl, Alright, Love Foolsophy and a few more. The encore song was Deeper Underground. Great grooves and riffs. You can feel it better than the records. The best part of the concert was his last sentence as he bids everyone good bye


"Thank You SINGAPORE"


Hahhaahahhaha, hello mr JK, wrong island :) Think he is high after ciggy before the encore. HAHA

Endless applause for the show!

time to zz for me now ")

No comments: