Friday, December 16, 2005

Project Super Star

Woke up at 8.30 this morning. I have an important mission. I was there to test my guts. Today is the Project Super Star audition. Well, not many people knew i went for it, not even my parents. I just told a few friends and that's it.

So i got all dressed up, had a good breakfast and off I go. Reached Berjaya Times Square at 10 plus. There were already a trail of people lining up there. So there I was waiting at the line. I can see a variety of people there which includes, the ah beng, the ah lians, the cool dudes, the nervous one and then.....there is this guy that caught my attention. He looks like a mixture of Wu Ke Chuen and Dylan something (forgot the name of that actor). All dressed up in working attire. At least there is some eye candy to entertain me while i waited to register. Well, ya see, i went there myself without anybody. As usual, I will look for possible victim to talk to.

After registration, we have to sit down and wear the number given Mine was 1510. An hour or two to wait. Spoke to the girl next to me and her friends. Its good coz i could do with their help to look after my bag. Then, it was my turn, being called out with the other 9 participants including Mr. Cutie. I think i was half dead already, tired, slightly hungry and lack of spirit.

So, when it was my turn, I could feel my whole self shaking. I couldnt control it. The room was quiet and bright. The two judges just look at you without saying a word. A cameraman on my left and lights shining at my face. Then, I picked up the mic and sang a verse. MIssion failed of course. I could still remember seeing my hand shakes when i was singing. Voice sounded aweful. AHh...I pray hard that i do not see my face on TV. It would be such embarrassment.

I still have stage fright. Its proven. But this is not the same kind of stage fright. I am quite comfortable performing in front of a crowd if I am in a band. Not use to solo ones. When all the limelight is on me. My nerves just starts to shiver.

Well, it was a good experience and wont be my last :) More challenge ahead. I think its fun. Audition are places where you can meet people. As i was going down the escalator, i met JEssica Tham! My uni mate...waht a surprise! Then, i met this gal Echo Tan (who knows Jessica) and she's from Taiping as well. It was really fun to meet another Taiping-ians. We had lunch at 'Char TOng Kee' with Echo and another guy whom she just knew 2 hours ago. We exchange numbers and then i'm off.

Tadaa! My audition story.

No comments: