Saturday, December 17, 2005

Monash Open Day

I suck today. I have never been so stressed up in a performance before that i did not feel like playing for the second session. Being a classical piano accompanist is not that easy.

Firstly, my sight reading has gone really bad. I have not been playing much new pieces. That's why. Thanks to university life. Time to brush up. PLaying contemporary is so much freer, you can just play wahtever u want as long as its within the chords. Sorry Bei, u have to bear with my lousy sight reading. Hahahha.Thanks for being a great host while am at your place despite you are busy packing for you trip.

I was practising at her place from 12th Dec to 14th, and also on 16th night. She's the flutist and i'm the piano accompanist. 16th was a really tiring day. I got back from the audition, and both of us stil have to practise at night. I could feel my muscles and bones are like falling apart. I just crash when i touched the mattress.

We only made it for two half an hour session that day. She played really good and i screwed up quite a lot that day. Sighh...but it was fun jamming with ya bei! ehhehe..hopefully there will be more this kinda session :)

Monash gave us both a t shirt, cup and mouse pad. They gave me a XL size shirt when WIlson is only wearing size L. Aaaarrgghh..wondeer if they would allow me to change it. Andrew will give us a treat too! So sweet of him!

After the performance, i rushed to pack my back to go over to Cheras. Thank you Melissa for dropping me at Bangsar Lrt! Reached cousin's place, nobody was at home. SObs..i had to sit out there. Then i decided to get my lunch from the mamak nearby. Fried chicken, turmeric cabbage and curry with rice, with teh 'o ice. Just perfect. Sy Yun got back with Jia Hsien and i followed them to fetch Mimi. When i got back,i just crashed. Too tired liao and feeling a bit sick too. Over exhausted. That's all for the day.

No comments: