Wednesday, May 16, 2007

May the 16th

Today, Little Sonia walked in from the glass door as usual on Wednesday. In her tiny fingers, she held a red present. Then, her Mama says 'Pass it to teacher'. Next, she hold up the present to me and says 'Happy Teacher's Day'. My jaw just dropped open. Hahahhaha. What an embarrassing facial expression but I thanked her.


Guess what? I forgotten today is 16th May, or at least this one day that we always look forward to in Primary School and Secondary School. Teacher's Day. As for me, its more in Primary school, I love my teachers in school. I will always go around Fajar Supermarket hunting down for the perfect gift for my teachers. I remember Cikgu Lily from 1 Melur and a few others which I will present a gift to them. Somehow, as I went to Secondary School, the excitement is not as much anymore. Maybe I don't like the teachers in my school very much. Only a few of them which really taught with their heart. Others merely come to school and read the textbook to us. How lame! No offence, but that's what I felt during those years. Teacher's day was spent performing for them and its a day where no classes are conducted! :)

After I left Form 5, into Form 6 and University years. This day has not been very significant.

This doesn't mean teachers are not important in my life. They are one of the most influential people in my life. I truly thank them and appreciate it. My music teachers, my Monash lecturers, my wushu teacher and a few of my school teachers. Thank you for the wonderful experience you gave me.

Today, I cant believe I am receiving a Teacher's Day present from my student.

Shocked.

Forgotten feelings flash back. Those from the schooling years.

Cant believe I am a Teacher.

Still cant believe.

To me, I just love music.

I want to share what i love with others.

Ah,

S-H-O-C-K and touched.

No comments: