Saturday, October 15, 2005

Pulau Carey

This trip was something i stumbled upon..if its not for Sze Mun on Tuesday, I wouldn't have known about it. Some part of says don't go some part of me wanted to. In the end, I think it was a right choice to go. How often do i get a class trip..i often wonder. Sometimes, i think Monash should have more class trip to get the students to interact more with each other. Going for this trip does brings back lots of memories.

First memory that struck me was..well..school trips back in my secondary and primary school! Whole bunch of students..all whacky and cracked up in the bus. With exeption, we went over to PUlau carey by 3 cars. I was in Dr Yeoh's van with sze mun, yi shu, aaron and tmy. Aaron was the flight attendance (co pilot) with Daniel Guan on the Pilot seat. And we are the passengers...Sze Mun the camera woman the whole time. Firstly, PUlau Carey is located in Klang..and its an island. I think that's the stupidest question i've ever asked. " is pulau carey an island?" ..well how would i know Klang would have such island, anyway..its linked with a very short bridge, you won't really feel it, felt like u have just drove across a river.

The purpose of Pulau Carey is to pay a visit to the 'orang asli' village over there. I think Szen Ning has a message for them as well, regarding some meeting about orang asli in KL. The name of the village is Kampung Bumbun. When i first arrived..another nostalgic feeling flew past. We have to drive in a small lane, into the village..located inside the jungle. Felt like Taiping's nearest town such as Changkat Jering and Tronoh. Besides that, TReesss! I think have never been happier to see trees for the first time. Felt like Bukit Larut too, all those flora and fauna...sighh ..Except for the mosquito bit, hate that! and red ants!~

When we arive, they were weaving handicrafts out of nipah leaves. I learned a few tricks myself. The fish and the belangkas (sea animal)... It's just really adorable! After that, we took a walk around the community's centre then out again to the beach. That's the third nostalgic feeling..The BEach! HAvent seen one for quite some time..I think the last time was with Lor, Wendy and Wei Chern in Penang. This one has a very short shoreline, the sky was really clear then and the sea looks good too. The not so nice part is, we are there at 4pm..the blazing sun can kill!

Later, we moved over to TelurGong for seafood. It was good..2 tables. We had the Thai style fish (over fried a bit), the beggar chicken (need more herbs), tom yam prawns (darn fresh!), marmite crab (yummy! even though i was too lazy to eat it), fried lil' sotong, sambal vege, siu ye tauhu and kai lan i think. Then next, we head over to Lil India in Klang..feels liek Masjid India. Finally manage to get my fav dessert (palgua)..but then...too much sugar than milk..erkk...that was around 9 something at nite. I was actually half awake then.

At 10, we make a move. Dr. yeoh picked the orang asli back and then only me and yi shu. It was a fun fun trip..So much of nostalgic feeling. There was twelve of us there which is Dr. Yeoh, Szen Ning, Michael, WIlson, JOanna, Sze mun, Eva, Yasir, TMY, Aaron, Yi Shu and myself! Hope the video of this trip will be edited by someone, at least something to keep.

I'm suppose to finish my Bangkok trip post..ahh..i've been so lazy till now. Maybe in the holidays...Hope I could still remember it in DeTails

No comments: