Saturday, July 02, 2005

Flab or Weight Obsession

"Oh look my butt is getting bigger!", "Shit, I ate too much today!", "My arms and thighs are shaking", "Tummy is bulging out", and “Am I fat?" ....and the list goes on. These are such frequent quotes among women lately. In fact, I am sick of it! It can get so tiring sometimes. Some complained that they are fat but I could hardly see a bit of it. Some said they ate too much but what they had is maybe two slices of bread with tuna for lunch? It's nice to be a bit fleshy, it would be nicer to hug wouldn’t' it? Somehow, society see fleshy as fat! Oh dear...

People trying to look like models, desiring for long and skinny legs and small ass. Well, no matter how hard you try, you won't look like one of those mannequins on display or models. Well, not impossible if you are willing to go through the pain of lipo-suction or surgery. Fashion these days and the way clothes are designed forces us to be thin, plus the influences from media and fashion magazines as well. I could rarely find a shop that does not sell clothes which are catered for mannequins instead of how the human size varies these days. With exception, foreign label clothes that will offer a bigger size than those by the local boutiques that usually offers free size or their large size seems halved.

The fastest and only way to having a good body is through exercise and healthy diet. Besides, looking like a skeleton is not beautiful. For some who opt for exercise and healthy diet, they develop an obsession for it. Some won't really realize that they are overdoing it. C'mon, how long are you going to live in this world? When you are in your 40s or 50s, you will have to watch out for your diet already. These are due to fear of cholesterol and health purposes. So, if you start avoiding all kinds of delicious food in your 20s or teens, you are missing out a lot in life. Dieting does not make you thinner other than giving you a flat stomach. You will still have flabby arms and thighs even though you shrink in size! HAH! Aneroxic-ly ugly! The moral of this crap is eating all you like and exercise after that.

I am no exception from this 'thin is beautiful' ideology.

However, I am fighting it. Sometimes, I wish I had smaller thighs. One of my famous quotes is 'Look! I have tsunami wave’s thighs'. It's true, but that's because I am a bump and I do not exercise much. However, I still feed on mashed potato, pastas, pizzas, ice cream, fried food, late night supper sometimes but not obsessively. I am proud of that :). All I desire is a nice and toned lower half. I don't want to look like a stick or with bones jutting out. Fleshy is good. I don't want to be called 'Ms. Olive' or 'I could play guitar on your chest' or 'Ouch..your bones has just poked

1 comment:

Meadow said...

I agree. I think a little "meat" is beautiful. I don't like skin and bones, personally. I understand that some people can't help that they are genetically prone to being underweight just like I'm genetically prone to being overweight, but I still think thick is beautiful. I wish more people thought like you!