Monday, April 27, 2009

The Extremes- Martial Art verses Japanese Buffet

Today i would named it the extreme. We have an extreme motion of eating and an extreme motion of working out.

The day started out as a gluttony session. Went for a buffet in Sasaki, finally, I can say I have eaten japanese buffet. The amount of food that you can find there is amazing, ranging from sushi to teriyaki to lamb shank to sashimi to oyster to and much more. There are some dishes from Korea as well such as kimchi, pickled vegetable and others. I started eating form 1230 pm till 2plus. MY stomach felt like it was going to burst and I'm beginning to feel a lil delirious. Then, it felt really uncomfortable in the tummy. And then I decided to sit on the throne in KLCC, felt a lil better after that. Drove all the way home to Subang. What a long ride.


Then the next extreme begins at 730pm. I went off for Body Combat class which is suppose to start at 745. Did a lil stretching and then the class begins. I am being informed we have to dance to ten tracks. Then all the kicking starts. It was really intense. I havent felt like that since my wushu classes during Form 6. A whole one hour of jumping up and down collaborating stuff from Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Taekwando and so forth. The cooling down session, you thought you could escape. It was a lil bit of Tai Chi at the beginning then it went to pumping! ohmigod, nearly died after that. but AWESOME! :)

Then after Body Combat, the class that I have been waiting for Wushu. Nothing so wushu about at first and I didn't know we are going to learn Qi Gong. Always. thought it was so boring until I think I am beginning to understand the concept behind it. Master's words were confusing, he said yang at the back and yin in front. Maintain yang going up and yin going down all the time. After half hour of shaking in position like zombies in thriller, kinda understood why do we do all this. If both is balance, you have strength against your opponent and the most important lesson is steady and stable on both feet. Grounded and cant be pushed off. I remember this one in wushu when we used to do 'ma bu' (horse stance position- legs slightly apart and knees bended). My teacher would come and push you to see if you are steady enough to be stuck at that position. I asked a lady there and she said he is training us the basic. I guess I began to understand Qi Gong is the real basic to Wushu and Tai Chi and other form. Well balanced chi, you could balance on any pose.

Then , the Master also taught us a self defense stance if someone hug you from behind. Not too bad class, which I thought would be boring when I saw that he is teaching Qi Gong all the way. Will stick around on this one and Body Combat is awesome!

Bones and body are weary, signing off to bed now.

P/S: Here's an interesting write up bout Qi Gong by Claire. Click away!

No comments: