Saturday, May 05, 2007

Welley Corporation Scam

Sometimes in life, we give the best advice. However, we never seem to follow our own advice somehow. I always tell others 'nothing falls from the sky' or in chinese, literal translation 'there won't be a big frog jumping everywhere in the street', or we can put it simply, money do not come easilly. And yet, I have became a victim of some lucky draw scam today. I am embarrassed for my stupidity, another part, the greed? I never do see myself as a greedy person for money or big cars or houses. I was caught offguard the other night.Maybe a subconcious of me, or part of human nature..there is greed existing. Alrite..I will cut the crap. Here is my story:

"I just realize that I am a victim of Penzone Marketing Sdn. Bhd. after I read their forum on few hours after I bought their scam tricks. They used the same trick posted by some of the forum user in your site. First I was told to open some lucky draw ticket. Then, I ‘happens’ to be the lucky winner. If i get the main price which is a car and so forth, I would have to fork out RM6000 over to buy and support their electric product before i carry away the main prize (this only applies if I win a car and bigger prices). If i happen to win a cash prize, I would need to pay RM3000 over to buy the product before I can carry away the prize. And if I did not get any of the main prize, I can carry away the product (turbo boiler, W Izap, Vacuum cleaner).

The address for their company around subang area is:
Penzone Marketing,
35 1st Floor,
Jln. USJ 10/1D,
47620 Subang Jaya Selangor.
Rep person: Mr Lee (016 650 4931)
Supervisor: Mr Teh

So, my stupidity started. Coz I somehow bought the story and I thought if i do get something, I would not have that amount of money to fork out. So for my case, I swap a credit of RM1500 to retain the ticket so that the following morning I will prepare the other sum to finish off the game. Then, with that amount they let me carry home one of the electronic prize. Then, i went home and consult my aunt and parents. Then my cousin went to check on the internet. Tadaaa~! I came to know I was conned. You can read more from this forum :

http://welleywatch.heritage-tech.net/17/glotron-marketing-latest-scam-subsidiary-of-welley-corporation/#comment-3416

Yea. So the following morning. Went to lodge a police report before my aunt and I go to meet the people. The seargeant advice us to meet them first, if they refuse a refund then go to see him in his police station for further statement. Anyway, they refuse and so the sergeant helped us to take further action. Called the company and inform bout our complain and made the boss to meet us the following week to refund the money. Since it is a credit card swap, there is a cooling period of 10 days. If they pull more tricks, just go straight to the tribunal.

Well, this case is not settled yet. Will see what will surface on the following week.Anyway, a valuable lesson learned. Din know I can get as dumb as that level. Besides, I have discovered where police station are located around my area. Went to 3 of it. LOL. If they dont' refund, I will soon know where is the tribunal office is located.

Till then, updates later.

No comments: