Saturday, January 13, 2007

Cambodia Day 5

Today we reach Siem Reap in the late afternoon. I like this town better than Phnom Penh :) More treeesss..hahahha. We stayed at skyway hotel, but then we realize this place is a bit outskirt from town. So, we've been skimming to move out eventhough we placed a booking for few days in the hotel.

In the evening, we plan to go over to Angkor Wat to watch the sunset. Apparently, the ticket can still be used the next day if you buy it during the evening to watch sunset. Hence, it cost US20 to enter the place. Its a breathtaking place. Feels like I'm in Jungle Book cartoon, at some point I felt like I was in Aztec. If ever I come back to Cambodia, I will be back fro Angkor Wat with a good camera to take more shots of the ruins. Its beautiful beyond description. Just magnificent and..well, just be there to see it yourself. HOw on earth did they built this temple? The effort to carve on every single stone that makes up the temple.

Doesn't this look like where the Monkey King from Jungle Book lives?

That's me, doing the tourist thing. But its Angkor Wat, so am willing to take a pic that says 'I was here'. haha

Love this spot in the main temple ruins. Nice place to catch the sun set along with that statue

The place did not look that yellow like it is in this picture, by adding a flash it creates this effect. :) my new discovery for someone who know nuts bout photography.

Its another part of the lovely spot that I like.

Finally, the group photo. The sun has officially set in. Its time to head back home for dinner! :)

No comments: