Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift

Yesterday, I went to Pyramid to catch Tokyo Drift with Sasha this evening, right after my work. Has pizza in Pizza Hut..kinda miss the pizza there, havent had that for a while. Then, the show began at 6.40 pm. There is a guy sitting in front of my Sasha's seat which I think he is Bernard. Hmm..but I did not bother to call him, was just too lazy.

Tokyo Drift. Its the 3rd Fast n Furious. None of the old cast is in there except for a cameo at the end for one of the old cast. So basically, the movie take place in Japan mostly. When the lead guy (Sean) entered Tokyo's underground race group, ahh..the scene...kind of get on my nerves after a while. What's with the slow camera motion that zooms in on boobs, skirts accidently lift up and the fragmentation of women's body in the show? Sounds like a feminist huh? It happens in most movies but its just a bit too much in this one. I just felt like women in that show are just dolls for parades. And they are pretty dolled up too. In Tokyo style, reminds me of those found in Harajuku streets


Am not exactly a big fan of cars, I do like the Drift Technique used in car racing. Sasha pointed out to me the cameo appearance of Japan's REAL Drift King in the movie. He has a short cameo appearance as the 'ah pek' fishing by the port where Sean, Han and the rest of the gang is practicing the drift technique. I just call it cool cornering skills. The car would swerve so fast at the corner that it just drifts across the corner, tilting the car slightly sideways. This show reminds me of Initial D a lot. Maybe its because one of the scene (which i guess) is filmed at the same mountain. The mountain with zig-zag corner road used to race and drift technique is required. Here's a pic (Credits to Drift Club)i found on the web about Drift Technique.


Well, as for the storyline, you have to catch the show and watch it yourself. Am more impress with the drift tech in this show than the cars. hahhaha...but without the cars and its high tech engine, ya cant really perform the drift tech nicely. I am an idiot about cars and engines. So, I will leave this topic for now.

Ooo yeah, after the movie , went over to Tian Wen's place to check out the room. Satisfy with it and yeps, I will be moving over there in August! :) The rent is still the same and inclusive of water and elec too. Just that i would need to install Streamyx myself.


No comments: