Monday, June 20, 2005

Father's Day

This year's father's day was spent in my uncle's place. Dad had dinner with his friends for Father's Day, Mum's in Genting, bro is in college and I am still in KL. I was supposed to be back this Sunday but my dad says there's no need to rush home. So i stayed over in my aunt's place.

Few hours before dinner, we went out to shop for grocerries. Then, we head over to Jusco for certain ingredients that is not available from the grocery store such as smoked cheese, bacon, prawns and few other items.

We had a blast on Sunday, more like a feast, specially prepared for my uncle by both of my cousins. I contributed two very simple dish :). Tuar boiled ABC soup and i cooked Indian curried long beans as well as fried omellete with preserved lettuce and chilli. We are the Asian cooks for the day ..haha.

Next, we present the super chef Sy Yun. She prepared some western style dishes that includes, fried dory fish and chips, prawn with salmon and bacon cheese dip as well as a bowl of salad. It's amazing to see how she work on the garnishing on all the 3 dishes. Serving your food with nice bowls and plates does give a boost to your presentation as well. To complete the meal, we had Baileys, orange juice and screwdriver (Vodka+orange juice). Baileys (choc milk with alcohol) was a wrong choice for such a heavy dinner, we were too bloated to finish it up.

Cooking is fun. Cleaning up is the suckiest part. Tuar and I was having a massive backache after that. Getting old :*( or just lack of exercise :P muahahah!

GOing to keep this post short and sweet! Till then!

No comments: